Monday, July 30, 2007

Who Am I?

I’m changing my name ya’ll.

I’ve decided that no matter how you say it, or what my original intent, but Momma sounds like I’m calling myself Fat Ass. And while that’s not completely inappropriate, I would never call any of my friends Fat Ass. And in the spirit of being my own best friend, I’m retiring but Momma and giving myself a new handle. And because I stink at giving myself a nickname, I thought I might let you guys give me some input.

Here is a list of names, most of which, are things people have called me , because evidently my name is too hard to pronounce…

Geraldine
Josephine
Christine
Jolene
Kristin
Justin
Steve

Nobody ever actually called me Steve, but something about the way my brother pronounces my name, makes me turn and respond to anyone who calls out “Hey Steve!”

I also am thinking about

Jay Dee
Just Me (I think there are a lot of those on the internets)
The Little Red Headed Girl (to my husband’s Charlie Brown. Too many words.)


I’ve got nothing….

7 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

I like Justine, with an "e". Plus, it was one of my favorite songs from Linda Ronstadt's Mad Love album.

but Momma said...

You're so clever!

But doesn't that automatically make you think of Michael J. Fox?

I'll have to think about that one...

Pollyanna said...

I have no clue. This is why I have a very lame blog name with my very own boring name. Because I stink at picking flashy names! I hope your other readers are better at this than I.

Are you watching Big Brother? HUH? Are ya???

Musings of a Housewife said...

You'll always be But Momma to me! :-)

but Momma said...

Jodi - YES! or at least I'm TRYING to watch BB. I can't get excited about anybody. I miss Dr. Will.

dcrmom - As long as the accent goes on Momma and not but, I'm totally cool with that. :)

Ann(ie) said...

I like Steve.

SuperMom said...

How 'bout Red? I think The Little Red Headed Girl is cool, but Red is shorter. Then you could have a mechanic's shirt made up with your name on an embroidered patch...

Well, never mind.