Monday, July 23, 2007

Appliances and Humor. I need both.

The appliance saga continues. I told you guys last Wednesday that the appliances were backordered for another week. Well then she called me late Friday and said "I have all three of your appliances! (Aren't I good and now you can't be pissed at me!) Could we come to install them Monday between 10:00 and 2:00?" And I said, "Why yes! You CAN come and install them between 10:00 and 2:00! (You've totally redeemed yourself and I can't wait to get off the phone and sing your praises!)

So Charlie and I kicked it into high gear this weekend and grouted (Thursday and Friday nights) and then repainted all the kitchen cabinets. (Yes! You should be totally impressed, because repainting cabinetry sucks!) First coat all day Saturday and second coat all day Sunday. Charlie sanded and first coated all the scub marks, (scubs being a technical term) and then I painted while he, reran the drain to the dishwasher because we forgot to knock out the drain plug in the new disposal and therefore the dishwasher had no place to drain. (Notice I said we, because I'm thoughtful like that!) Then he changed out the old ugly faux wood panel and shiny brass ceiling fan for the new shiny white one, reglued all the drawers that were falling apart, ran to the store to take back the handles I didn't like and get more knobs (Because I'm great at math and counting things!), and he got a new white faux wood blind and hung that, and took my half doors that have louvers that were totally scuffed and peeling and painted them outside with the fancy spray painter and then spray painted the inside and outsides of all my drawers. (Because the goobers who painted the cabinets before us only painted the outside!)

And we patted ourselves on the back some more!

Then this morning the owner of the Maytag store called to tell me that two of his installers had called in sick and he needed to reschedule for Wednesday. And that's all I have to say about that.

So I'll leave you with this little bit of Ace-humor and if you'd like to cheer me up, you can leave me a joke or a funny in my comments. Don't feel any pressure. It's not like I'm on the verge of going postal in the Maytag store or anything.

* * * *

We were getting ready to leave my Mom's a couple of weeks ago and I was in the back bedroom tidying up where the kids had been sleeping. Ace walked in put his hands on his hips and in his 3 year old Texas drawl said, "WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!?"

And I squinted my eyes at him and answered in my best 'You must be ridiculous!' voice, "I'm making the bed!"

And he says "HOLY SHRIMP!" and exits the room. While I stammer and laugh "HEY! You better watch you exclamatory language young man!"

4 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

That's funny. I suppose you'll never know where that came from huh?

Anonymous said...

Let's see....

There's this tired looking lady sitting at the bar when this guy walks in and sits down next to her. He offers to buy her a drink and she asks him what he does for a living. He says, "I'm a Maytag delivery man."

Bang!

She kills him.

How's that one? It's the best I've got on short notice.

Ann(ie) said...

HOLY SHRIMP! I love it. For fun, I'm going to see how many conversations I can work it in tomorrow. =)

MrsFierceShoes said...

LMAO! That's priceless...I'm soooo stealing that one! A friend of ours used to say Skrimps. Cracked my up every time.

Would you like to borrow a pencil to stab the Maytag people in the eye? I could come over and help if you'd like... ha!