Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rockin the Purple Spandex Unitard Circa 1993, Bitch!

Everything was still packed in the Suburban. Because we were supposed to be on vacation last Thursday. Everything includes my workout clothes, and I was determined Not to unpack. Which sparked this conversation at the gym yesterday...

As I'm laying on the floor doing my ab work....

John: "Mom? Are those shiny purple shorts you're wearing?"

Me: "What?"

John: "Are those purple things shorts?"

Me: "No it's a unitard. See?" I show him a purple shoulder-strap under my T-shirt.

John: (With surpsrise eyes) "That thing goes all the way up?"

Me: "Yep." I pull up the T-shirt just over my waist.

John: "A unitard? Like that thing Jen on Big Brother had to wear for a week? You're not gonna wear that without a T-shirt are you?"

Me: (Grinning from ear to ear) "Maybe in another twenty pounds. Why? You don't like my shiny purple spandex unitard?"

John: (Grinning and shaking his head no) "Where did you get that thing?"

Me: "Top of my closet in a bag of clothes I haven't worn in over 13 years."

1 comment:

Pollyanna said...

That is sooo funny. I wonder if Jen from BB will bring the unitard back? :) Gawd help us, let's hope not!