Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED!! OMG!!

And now for Eight Random Things from Colleen at Spank your Inner Moppet...
Ya'll be sure to go visit and tell her I said HI!

1. It's raining again and my mood has gone from a 9 to a 3 in two short hours. It could have to do with the rain, it could have to do with the fact that, although my kitchen looks Fan-Tastic, the rest of my house still has little piles of junk that I took out of the kitchen, that I don't want to put back, but I can't bring myself to throw any of it away. I hate that about myself.

2. Friday Ace got himself into a little trouble, when Charlie told him he had to get off the computer he mumbled under his breath "If I was as big as you, I'd kill you." (I had to stifle a laugh, because...well, come on, he's THREE and we don't let him watch CSI or anything.) So he got sent to bed and may have gotten a spanking which I will neither confirm nor deny. Later when the boys, Charlie and I were on the couch watching a movie, Charlie said "I'm really hot. Is it hot to you?" I said "You better check the thermostat, Ace might be trying to kill you slowly." He's sort of known around here for shenanigans with the thermostat.

3. I haven't called any of the people that I need to call, to let them know that I will be here this week but won't be here the next week because I'm too dumb to know when I'm on vacation. (That would include my trainer, my psychologist and John's Viola teacher.) When Charlie showed up to work on Thursday, they had taped a big WELCOME BACK poster on his door and everyone had written little notes like "We really missed you" and "Please don't stay gone so long next time." and "HaHa!! Lay off the booze!" and "You're killin us! And we have to go through this again when?" Because Wednesday he had gone to everybody's office and sang "I'm on va-CAY-tion! I'm on va-CAY-tion!"

4. I finished the last Harry Potter book Friday night at around 10:30 and in my humble and un-literary opinion it was the best! Some of the books kind of dragged with a lot of information, but this one just tied up all the loose ends and was lots of action! And I wasn't smart enough to figure out the ending before I got there. I believe J.K. Rowling deserves to be richer than the Queen.

5. I'm really in the mood to see a new movie. The boys have seen most of the ones I wanted to see. I took them to see Ratatouille, amusing, but rat's cooking my food? EECHH!! Melee's seen Transformers and Evan Almighty and John's been to see Harry Potter. We rented Bruce Almighty the other day and although we've seen it before, I laughed SOO hard and we let the kids watch it and we must have looked at it five times and it never got old.
"I lik-a do-a da Cha-Cha!" Go rent it if you haven't seen it in a while!

6. This morning I was down to 192.6 on the scale, which is FABULOUS (35 lb loss) considering I haven't been very strict with my eating plan (she said while eating some M & M's) and haven't written in my food diary for about three weeks. Ya'll please don't tell my trainer, he'll want me to do more burpees for punishment. Cause I'm supposed to punish myself when I do stuff like that. Have I told ya'll lately how much I love M & M's and how fun it is to eat all the brown ones and then randomly decide to eat some other color next and then at the end you have some fun color combination? That's why I have a psychologist.

7. Staring intently around the room really doesn't help you think of anymore random things. And neither will your husband who thinks Eight Random Things would be

  • boloney
  • ceiling fans
  • tin cans
  • water bottles
  • stuffed animals
  • silverware
  • comb
  • aloe vera gel

Which is an actual list of eight random things I can see while staring around the room.

8. Today I looked at the weather forecast for Amarillo for the next two weeks. Go ahead, guess...

Rain.

I'm really not too good at tag, but just for fun, let's see if I can get One Tall Momma, Bonnie B., and Jodi to play....Tag. You're it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, that wasn't so bad and it killed what? About 20 minutes of time until vacation?

I was happy with the Harry Potter too. Except no one I know has read it so I'm stuck keeping my opinions to myself lest I divulge information to someone who doesn't want it.

Oh, and if you can get a sitter, go see Knocked Up. It's hilarious and crude and definitely not for kids, and I laughed my ass off.

but Momma said...

Oh I love a good meme..

I keep trying to get my 13 year old to hurry up and read The Deathly Hallows so I can talk to SOMEBODY!

Thanks for the movie recommendation! I saw 40 Year Old Virgin against my better judgement and Loved it! So I thought Knocked Up might be good, but you never know!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! Ratatoullie grossed me out beyond belief! I spent the whole movie shuddering.

Pollyanna said...

Knocked up is soooo good. FUNNNNYYYYYYY. Bad language, but hilarious. Especially since you have kids, you'll love it.

Darn it. I will do my tag list tonight, I need to get dressed for work in 3 minutes so I don't think I will have time now! :)

Pollyanna said...

P.S. My kids always threaten to run away when they turn 16 if they don't get their way about something. I can't wait for the teenage years! *sigh*

Ann(ie) said...

Knocked up is hysterical!!! You must see it.

And GOOD DAMN JOB on the weight loss!!! I'm so impressed. I walked 4 miles tonight only to come home and eat about 48 mini brownies. neat.

SuperMom said...

We went to see the rat movie, too and I had the same reaction! Every time I saw the rats moving in their giant pack I got the willies.

Knocked Up is a GREAT laugh...but not if you're easily offended :-)