Friday, July 27, 2007

I Was on Vacation for Approximately 93 Minutes

Funny thing happened on the way to my vacation...

I was SO totally stressed out. Were the appliances coming or weren't they? They decided they would try and deliver and install on Tuesday between 3:00 and 6:00, which I took to mean, "I'll passify you by putting you on the list for Tuesday, but will then call you late Tuesday evening and tell you I can't make it till Wednesday, which is when I wanted to deliver them in the first place." But all that did was paralyze me while I waited. So instead of sitting around the house all day, I took the kids and we went to the gym and then the bank, Smoothie King, Sonic, Academy, and Walmart. (Because I have no problem doling out $6.00 for a Skinny High Protein Almond Mocha w/Diet Down for me, but the kids are getting a $2.00 Ice Cream Shake at Sonic) So we piddled around till 2:00, then I went back to Sonic and picked up their late lunch and we returned home to wait out the Maytag Men.

I could have been getting ready for our trip to Amarillo. We were tentatively planning on leaving Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning. But no, I was content to sit in my chair and read Harry Potter till the delivery truck rolled up at around 6:00. And yes, I could chronicle another long complaint against the Maytag store, but I'm bored with it and I know ya'll are too so....

TA-DA!



ALL HAIL CHARLIE, THE KITCHEN REMODELER!


SO SEXY IT HUUUUUURRRRTS!


AND ALL HAIL MY BROTHER KRULL! WHO CAME OVER WITH HIS SAWS-ALL AND CUT A PERFECTLY STRAIGHT LINE FOR THE INSTALLERS TO PUT IN MY DOUBLE OVEN AND HELPED CHARLIE INSTALL THE MICROWAVE SLASH VENT A HOOD......



So on Wednesday, instead of getting ready for our trip to Amarillo, I sat in my chair reading Harry Potter right up until about 2:00 when I forced myself to put the book down and start packing everyone a suitcase. Charlie got home around 6:00 and he pulled out the trailer full of motorcycles and began to pack up camping gear. We had decided to drive to Canton where we would pick up John,spend the night with my Mom, and then head on to Amarillo Thursday morning. We packed suitcases, diapers, medicines, sheets, chairs, helmets, shoes and more shoes, makeup and hairdryers, pillows and stuffed animals, camera, snacks, hats, sunscreen, tools, ipod, purse, magazines, dvd's, and Harry Potter. We pulled out of the driveway just before 8:00 p.m., we circled the block and came back for the Best of The Dallas Cowboys DVD set, and we were off. 93 minutes later, Charlie spoke to my brother-in-law and realized we weren't supposed to be on vacation until NEXT week.


I'm just telling you right here and now, I'm not unpacking that suburban.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG - It is SEXY!!! It is beautiful. I am very jealous!! And I am still lauging hilariously that you're not on vacation until next week. At least you get to enjoy your new kitchen instead of ditching it like the maytag man. Or are you never cooking in there so it stays pretty? That would be my thought! Have a great vacation - when you get there.

Musings of a Housewife said...

That's GORGEOUS. Wow. You must be in heaven!

Anonymous said...

Know what happens when you comment on my site? TAG! I know, I suck, but it can help fill in the time before you leave on your actual vacation.

Colleen

Pollyanna said...

ohmyword. You aren't supposed to be on vacation until next week????? That is HILARIOUS!!!! :)

LOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE your new kitchen. It's beautiful.

Ann(ie) said...

haaahaaaaaaaaaaa. Are you sure we're not related??? That's totally something I would do. I wouldn't unpack it either!! screw it.

YOUR KITCHEN LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

One word... NICE!

MrsFierceShoes said...

Dawg, that's hawt!!! Your kitchen is AWESOME!