Friday, October 03, 2008

I Gotta Smile to Keep from Crying

Can't even stop to catch my breath...so two things that made me laugh.

The other day I was watering the grass. *

* They came and sprayed hydromulch on the front yard about two weeks ago. The guy just surprised me one day and he said, "You don't have a sprinkler system?" And I said "No." like, is that gonna be a problem?, and he just looked at me like I was a jackass. I thought maybe he was having a bad day, but after spending the next day, doing NOTHING but moving sprinklers every fifteen to thirty minutes, ALL DAY LONG, I understood why I got the look.

So I was watering the grass, and Ace was using his scootering skills, up and down the driveway. And I thought I should let him help. (Because when you're running for Mother of the Year, you can't hog the sprinkler duties) So I yelled, "ACE! You want to take a turn with the sprayer?" And he dropped the scooter like it was a hot potato at the end of the driveway and came running toward me screaming, "IT'S MY PLEASURE!! IT'S MY PLEASUUURRE!!!"
OMG I love that child.

Wednesday night Charlie was helping John study for his biology test. (Things are not going well in biology, which means, a) he doesn't like the teacher henceforth b) getting him to do what she says is like pulling teeth.) So they were going over something he wasn't getting and Charlie was explaining it to him and John rolled his eyes and said "Dad, do you have to make me learn it? Can't I just memorize it, so I can get it on the test and then not worry about it any more."
OMG I am laughing, but I want to choke that child.

And if I was tech savy, I would load this commercial for you to watch (Robot Dance), because with my DVR I can rewind and watch it as many times as I want to.

No comments: