Sunday, October 19, 2008

If It Weren't for Bad Luck, I'd Have No Luck at All...

It started with the washing machine about three weeks ago. The water didn't shut off as it was filling up and flooded the utility room, the hallway, and started into three of the kids bedrooms. (I'll be posting a three part series on the Neptune TL washing machine model number FAV6800MM in a few days, stay tuned) Then I lost a four hundred dollar check from the Texas Railroad Commission. Then I scraped the side of the Suburban. And finally, Friday while Peach and I mowed the front yard, my cell phone fell out of my pocket, unbeknownst to me, and fell into the belts that turn the mowing blades breaking both my cell phone and the mower. Yes, the new mower that Charlie considers the fifth child.

Charlie was able to get my cell phone out of the mower and put the belts back on successfully, but my cell phone was toast. You know, the expensive cell phone that I just had to have right now, instead of doing any research on it or waiting to see if I could get a deal on it. Luckily I have insurance, but the odds of the Fed-ex guy finding my neighborhood are slim.

When we got the check from the Railroad Commission, a rebate for purchasing the tankless water heaters, I wouldn't let Charlie deposit it in the bank because I said, "If we deposit it, we'll just spend it." Then I promptly lost it. You can imagine how thrilled he is with me right about know.

I'm wondering what the universe is trying to tell me. I'm feeling like I'm the singular drain on the economy. Although the freshman band-geek is doing his fair share.

3 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

oh gah. Dontcha just love those days/weeks. =/ Hopefully you pulled out some wine. Godspeed girlfriend!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Belts that turn the mowing blades? I'm not familiar with this kind of mower. Did you build it yourself out of spare parts? ;-)

but Momma said...

Have I not introduced you to Ferris?