Sunday, October 12, 2008

Anybody got toothpicks?

I'm too old to have a teenager.

Last night we waited up till 2:00 in the morning for John to get home from a marching contest that we couldn't attend. I know my parents picked me up late at night after basketball games, but I don't remember much about it. I certainly don't remember them ever complaining. And the kids have the advantage of sleeping all the way home on the bus.

It's a gorgeous day today and we should be outside doing something in the yard, but I cannot drag my behind up out of this chair. I've been down to the park with Peach, drove to my Mom's to check out her new curtains, and played a couple of games of go-fish with the Little's and I feel like I could sleep standing up.




Melee' had a football game yesterday. Our school divided their team this year so we have Canton Green and Canton White, we played Green yesterday and had to drive 30 minutes to another town to do it. That's him on the ground. That's where he usually ends up after most plays. He did make it through the offinsive line on one play and made a show of going toward the quarterback. Of course the quarterback was long gone by then, but hey, baby steps.


I hope to sleep someday. And not behind the wheel of my car.

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Go Melee! I loved grade school football when my kids were in it. I even coached it for a few years. Now they're all growed up.

Last night we let Austin go to a concert in Mpls and stayed up until 1:00 until he got home, so it doesn't go away... it just gets more stressful.