Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Wrapup

The end of another crazy week.

We were scheduled for hydromulch on Tuesday. Monday they came and filled in the holes over the septic tank and filled in one of the low spots in the front yard. We got it looking really good and then they had to postpone because of the possibility of Ike washing all the grass seed away.

Wednesday was Mom's birthday and we went to the Tea Room for quiche and chocolate pie that had meringue that was six inches tall! I'm not a huge meringue fan, but you can't find fault with warm chocolate pie.

Thursday we caught a small break in the schedule as Melee' caught the cold I had earlier in the week and he didn't feel well enough for football practice. I spent the day hemming John's band uniform by hand.

Friday was all out football, I got the kids off to school, came home and started cleaning, took a break and went to lunch with mom, picked up the kids, came home and finished mowing the yard before the hurricane on Saturdy. Mom came to watch the Little's and we took the Big's to the High School. John had to be there by 5:30 to get his uniform on. He's been a total teenager. As we were getting in the car I said, "Do you have your socks?" "Yes!" "Do you have your shirt?" "YES!" "Do you have your hat?" "YES. I GOT IT!" So on we went, we got to the school, all got out of the car, and he turns to me and says, "I forgot my gloves." After we went back home and picked up his gloves off his desk, went back and started our five hour shift at the visitors concession stand. We got home around 11:30, and hit the hay.

Saturday, Ike rolled in and it rained all day. We layed around, napped and tried to keep up with our friends and family in Houston. Everyone made it through, but they still don't have any power. My brother came up to his brother-in-law's house and picked up a generator, a 55 gallon drum for gas, and groceries because they're predicting they may not have power for two weeks.


This is a crane in the backyard during the rain from Ike.

3 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Oh, if I had a dime for every time I had to go back home to pick up something the kids said they had when they really didn't.

Man, the hurricane sure caused a huge mess eh?

but Momma said...

It's CRAZY!
My brother lives north of Houston in Spring and he just went home today(Wed) with two 55 gallon drums of gasoline and three generators. Still no power!

Ann(ie) said...

I think warm chocolate pie solves most of life's problems.