Saturday, June 14, 2008

Where the Boys Are (Were)

I wasn't kidding when I said he was the cutest navy blue jellyfish in the sea....

The Jelly Man

The waves really weren't big enough for the Boogie Board, but we had a heck of a lot of fun trying. The boys were lucky that I was able to tame my ever-present fear of being eaten by sharks.

This is my favorite picture of the entire vacation. This is my sweet baby. Which he rarely ever let's us see anymore. I couldn't talk him into asking any of the bridesmaids to dance, despite the fact that I told him, not only were they desperate to dance, but they were also highly intoxicated. But he did dance with his grandma. Awwwww!


I was really surprised that Peach was the star of the dance floor, because when we were standing in line for hors d' oeuvres, he was pulling out all the stops with his dance moves. Including the Pulp Fiction dance. Then he ate dinner and pooped out and fell asleep in my lap while the Party Girl stole the show.


This was one of the highlight for these two knuckleheads, they blamed it on one of their Aunts. They walked around flaunting their faux drinks during the rehearsal dinner. Melee' said "I finally feel like part of the crowd!" I swear I only had a Mai Tai. Okay maybe I had two. Oh yeah and the blue lagoon. And the last day I guess I did have a couple of Pina Coladas. HEY! I WAS ON VACATION!!! They spent the rest of the vacation pandering for virgins, if you know what I mean.

If you can click on these pictures they are hilarious! The first one is Melee' and although he's not open-mouthed screaming, his body language says it all. The next one is of Ace. That's his hat preceding him down the three story slide. We ended up buying them an all day pass and he went up and down that slide as fast as the line would allow. He said "Mom! You HAVE to ride with me!" And I said "It looks too scary for me." And he said "It IS Scary but is is SO fun!!" Best $30 I ever spent! They had a power outage during the middle of the day. Melee' asked if he could have a strawberry daiquiri for saving his little brother when the slide went down. Witnesses on the ground reported older brothers practicing the "every man for himself" defense and that one of the operators at the top of the slide had to drag Ace down by his ankle.


And to highlight once again, what a crappy photographer I am, we took over 190 pictures and it was not until we were loading the mini-van that I realized we had not taken one family photo. A nice lady in the parking lot offered to get us all in the picture. The van was also one of the highlights for the kids. Ace was so excited about it that he called it the RENTAL 3000.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

HA! I love those slide pics. LOVE EM!!! I can just picture Ben in a few years. hehe.
Love the family photo, too. Looks like a great time!! I'm off to vacay in a few hours and I cannot.stinkin.wait. SUNSHINE here I come already!!!!