Monday, June 23, 2008

I wish I had laryngitis.

I know, it's been a week. And I got nothin.

Oh, there was the trip to the Dr. today because Ace has pink eye again. And because Peach is attached to him at the hip, I made the appointment for both because she'll get it next. Yes a fun exercise in trying to remember the name of my kids, their birthdays, their Dad's employers address, and all manner of information that I do not have memorized. I love to spend money to go someplace where I have to say "Sit down. Sit down. Be still. Be still. No you can't write your name on this paper. No. Because. Because only mommy's get to write on this paper. No. No. I'm serious. Sit down. Be quiet. Because I said so. Be quiet. Mommy said be quiet. I can't think while you're talking. No. No. No, they won't call your name until I turn in this paper. I can't, because you won't quit talking to me. I don't know. I don't know. Be still. Maybe. I'm not sure. They might call your name first, they might call his name first. ACE sit down. ACE SIT down. I don't know. We'll have to wait and see. Go sit down. Go sit down. I'm almost finished. I'll be done in just a second and then they can call your name. No, go sit down. ACE, GET DOWN. No. Go sit down with your brother. No. No tattling. Are you bleeding? Then no tattling. Go sit down. Yes, she's talking to you. No you're not getting a shot. She's just going to look in your eyes. No. No blood test. Yes. Yes. No I didn't say you had pink eye. I said you might. No. No, I don't have any tonsils. Yes, you can talk without tonsils. No, that's laryngitis. No, you've never had it. I don't know. I don't know. She just wants to look in your throat. She's going to tickle it with a Q-tip. No, it's not going to hurt. No. No. I promise. Don't cry. Come on, don't cry. Come on now, open your mouth. Yes you can. Yes you can. It won't hurt. No. No. It might feel funny. Yes. Yes, like when you brush your teeth. Yes. Then let's lay down. Yes you can. Yes you can. If we have to come back another day, Daddy will have to come with you. No, we can't come back tomorrow. No, I shouldn't have said that. No, we're not coming back tomorrow. We have to do it now. Yes you can. Yes you can. Come on now. Come on now. Yes. Yes, you can have a treat..."

I'm not the only person who wishes I had laryngitis.

1 comment:

Ann(ie) said...

haaaaaaaaaaa! You crack me up. Lord help me if and when I have two.