Monday, June 09, 2008

Rude People Suck

Right now, I should be telling you all about our wonderful vacation to Florida.

How Lovely the wedding was, how beautiful my niece was in her gown.

How Peach was an adorable flower-girl and downloading the pictures of her dancing the night away.

How Ace looked like the cutest navy blue jellyfish in his over sized beach hat.

But instead I'm still fuming over the douche-bag in row 19 on Continental flight 1807.

Of course they don't give out Olympic Medals for getting four kids and a husband through an airport, because if they did, I'd be wearing the Silver right now. They would have had to deduct points when I went through the metal detector still holding my wallet, while wielding my I.D.

The security attendant yelled ,
"MA'AM! MA'AM! YOU HAVE TO GO BACK! MA'AM! GO BACK!"

Sorry dude, it's a pink leather trifold and a driver's license, not a glock.

Anyway...we're sitting in row 20, Ace at the window, Melee', me on the isle, Charlie on the other side of the isle, John and then Peach at the other window. We were delayed for lightening or something, so we sat there for about 20 minutes or so. I of course, am the holder of all the goodies so everyone keeps saying things like "Can I have some Starbursts?" "Can I have some crayons?" "Can I have my gameboy" Charlie leans across the isle and says "Can I have my ipod?" So he puts on his ipod and is oblivious to the fact that Peach has started playing with her seatback tray. So this old Asshole gets up from his chair, turns around and leans over, looks at Charlie and says "I hope this isn't what we're in for for the entire trip!" Charlie got the gist of what the guy was complaining about, although he missed the nasty tone and shitty sarcasm. Because he had his ipod on. (Having the husband that doubles as the fifth kid factors in to the total Olympic scoring.)

So I spent the better part of two hours thinking nasty thoughts about this stranger. By the time we got off the airplane the best thing I could come up with was "Hey Jackass! I hope her snoring didn't interfere with the enjoyment of your flight!" But of course I didn't say it. And I tried really hard not to imagine his rental car careening down an embankment and bursting into a fiery inferno after being cut off by a bad driver on the highway. It's the first time I've felt the need to go to confession in a long time.

3 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Oh my, I wish I had your restraint. My biggest challenge in that situation would be limiting myself to just one comeback. I came up with 5 responses before I even finished reading your sentence.

But you're absolutely right... rude people DO suck!

Ann(ie) said...

What a douche. Find him for me and I'll SAY it!! I don't know what's going on with me girlie, but there's little I won't say anymore. I kinda love it. ;) And my hubby really hates it. hehe.

but Momma said...

Jeff-write down your fast five and I'll carry them around in my carry on bag!

Annie-Whatever's going on with you...put it in a pill and send it my way.

:)