Monday, November 12, 2007

Time Flys When You're Cleaning Crumbs

Has it been a week and a half since I updated last?

We took the kids out of school after Halloween and went to check out the schools. We went to the Jr. High in Forney and they were very nice. (Unlike the rude Ho I talked to at the elementary school over the phone. But that's another story.) They gave us the tour and it was all good. They had even started a strings program this year, so John could keep playing his Viola. We did another tour of the house in Forney and kicked the tires one more time. We walked the lot we had chosen, let the kids play at the park, checked out what it was like in the neighborhood after school.

The next day we went to the Jr. High in Canton, then the High School. When we were done, we were sold. Charlie and I, that is. The school in Forney seems like more of the same of what we're experiencing here. Big School. In Canton, it's small town. The principal knows all the kids by their name and they all greet her as we walked the halls. No flying under the radar for John. We went out to the homesites we were looking at and measured out the width of the house, talked to the builder again and walked through the one he has under construction. We left him a check for earnest money that day.

We're very excited! We picked the one story plan, he got it all drawn up with the changes we asked him for and sent us to it this last Friday. We had one family look at the house last week and the wife really liked it, but the husband wants something newer. We'll see who has hand. His mother-in-law lives in my neighborhood. Our realtor said it would be dead in November, so we're not stressing about lack of traffic and are just looking forward to having all the family down for Thanksgiving. And guess what. My house is already clean. Oh yeah!

(And guys..we got a set of washers, so practice up before you get here.)

I went to the podiatrist last Thursday, because I'm looking into having my big toes fixed. Turns out I have arthritis. The ex-rays were interesting, I don't have much cartlidge, which has helped cause the bone behind the joint to move up. (Instead of like a bunion, where the bone moves out to the side.) I also have some broken pieces floating around in there. First choice is they go in and take out some of the bone behind the joint so that it has room to move back and down. That is, if my cartilidge is in good shape. If not they fuse the bones together, which is evidently super functional, but not good looking. My big toes would be kind of pointing up in the air. The fun part is, I won't know if I have a regular toe, or a Super Happy Toe, till I wake up. I'm gonna get some little nail stickers that say "WHAT UP?!" just in case.




1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Owie! That toe thing sounds painful. I have problems with my big toes too (but not as bad as yours) so I know of which I speak.