Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mad Mothering Skills

We're going through two phases right now. First Ace has decided he doesn't like school anymore. This started about three weeks ago. Like every other day he gets to go to school, he grabbed out his lunch box and started throwing random snack bags inside it. He was excited and couldn't wait to go and then I turned into the parking lot and he said "I'm not going in."

"What? What are you talking about?"
"I don't want to go in."
"What do you mean? All your friends are there, blah, blah, blah..."

First we thought it was because he didn't want to take a nap. The next day I decided it was because he had gotten in "trouble". The next week it had something to do with not wanting everyone staring at him when he walked in the door. So most mornings, we joke or sing songs about whether or not he wants to go to school.

"You love school, yes you do, you love school cuz school is cool, da-da duhn."
"NO I DOOON'T!"
"Yes You DOOO!"
"NO I DOOOOOOON'T!"

Today he was riding his scooter in the driveway and I said "Come on Ace, park your scooter in the garage, it's time to go."
"No. I want to scooter."
"I know, but it's time to go."
"I want to show you my scooter skills."
*pause*
"I know, you've got mad scooter skills, but we've got to go."
"I want to show you my skills."

(What a toot.)

Then there's the potty training. We're failing potty training in a big way. He can do it. He has done it. He just doesn't want to do it. I force him to tee-tee at different intervals of the day, but I've been reluctant to start the battles over pooping in the pot. Yesterday he pooped three times. THREE TIMES! And the last time he came waddling into the room and said "I accidently pooped on the floor." No. Not on the floor in the bathroom. Behind the chair on the carpet. Not his fault that the Pullup failed. But you guys try selling a house that has toddler poop on the carpet. (I didn't tell any of you where I live did I?) Tonight it was bedtime, so I made him sit on the potty and because the pullup was dry, the odds were good that he'd have some success. After a few minutes when he didn't return, I went to check on his progress.

"Did you go?"
"Nope. I need to, I just can't execute."
"What?"
"I need to go, it just won't execute."
"Where did you hear that word?"
"In Texas."

The kid can put together a sentence like that, but still poops in his diaper.
*Sigh*

1 comment:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

"I need to go, it just won't execute."

OMG - I now have a new favorite catch phrase. Thank you Ace!!!