Friday, June 22, 2007

Another Day of Self-Loathing

Last night we went to the annual Faith Formation Family Spaghetti Dinner. Where we cram over 200 parents and children into a too small Meeting Hall, feed toddlers paper plates loaded with spaghetti sauce and a meatball with pink lemonade and then the kids in the program get to sing their songs complete with sign language and then we sit through a PowerPoint presentation of pictures from their week.

It took Ace approximately 20 minutes to eat his spaghetti and then he and I wrestled in a stacking chair for the next hour and a half. During the slide show, he turned to me and yelled over the music, "I DON'T LIKE MYSELF!"
and I said "Why don't you like yourself?"
to which he replied, "BECAUSE THIS IS BOOORING!"

2 comments:

Pollyanna said...

hahahhaha. Poor kid. Lacking in self esteem because he's bored....that's a bummer. :)

Anonymous said...

OH that is hysterical!!! I completely get Ace. Only makes sense.

Ann
aka: yerdoingitwrong