Thursday, April 17, 2008

Moving Again!

Where did the week go? I'm not sure I can even remember what's been going on. I posted some more pictures here so you can see what the current status on the house is.

It continues to be a roller coaster ride where the house is concerned. Every day I go out and everytime there is some progress it's a HUGE rush! I got teary when the first windows went in, then I got teary for an entirely different reason when they took the double windows that appeared to have been the wrong size and they sawed them in half and then installed them with nails on three sides of each window with a big gaping whole on the fourth side. That incident has since been explained to me and the proper reinforcements have been added and then all was well and I was happy again. There are windows, some siding, roof decking and felt, electrical, stone has been delivered, shingles should be here in the morning, and I have my cedar posts on all the porches. Lot's of excitement!

In the meantime, my Mom purchased a house that she has loved for many years and she is having us move into that house, so that she can put this one on the market. So that has been the main reason for the blur over the last week and a half. We've made half a dozen trips to Gun Barrell city (where the nearest Lowe's is located), a few trips to Ace hardware, 3 visits from a plumber, an electrician and a partridge in a pear tree. And it looks like we will move into "The Doghouse" this weekend. Named the Doghouse for it's two concrete dog statues out front.

So once again we're off to rent a U-haul. I've moved most of the kids clothes, my clothes a couple of boxes from Houston...my mind is starting to get a little frazzled....

Anyway, I should have some exciting pictures next week as bricks, stone and a roof are added, it should be quite a week. That is if tonight's current thunderstorm doesn't send me on another one of those roller coaster moments!

No comments: