Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What's on Your IPOD?

More specifically, what helps you get your move on, when you're working out? I'm gonna list mine and I'm hoping ya'll have some suggestions for me, because I need a little something new to spice up the workout. I've got to get off this plateau I've hit.

(* Beware some explicit lyrics)


Justine's Workout: (That's me)



1. Beautiful by Bethany Dillon

Because that's what I want to be....

2. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor

Charlie put this one on my list because he thinks it's funny that I like to box.

3. Fergalicious * by Fergie

Because that's the goal....

4. It's Showtime! by David Lee Roth

HOOOOOOOO-WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

5. Get the Party Started by Pink

I love the Angry Chicks...

6. U + Ur Hand * by Pink

Good for boxing and ditto the Angry Chicks. I sometimes repeat this one a lot, helps me run. (And I use the term "run" loosely.)

7. Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Gotta have a sense of humor...

8. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson

Goodbye song for Ice Cream. Or Fat. It works both ways.

9. Wind it Up by Gwen Stefani

I dare you not to.

10. Girl all the Bad Guys Want * by Bowling for Soup

Another of Charlie's picks, because, obviously I am... (not)

11. Family Affair by Mary J. Blige

I love the commercial that plays this song where the chick is walking and all the famous good-looking guys are checking her out. Some kind of water, wouldn't they be hacked that I can't remember the brand!

12. Whip It by Devo

Whip it good!

13. Goodbye to You Patty Smyth

Cause I'm an 80's girl.

14. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson

Take a risk, take a chance....

15. One Last Breath by Creed

That's usually all I've got, it's cool down time...

16. Brave by Nicole Nordeman

I wanna be.


Okay, as Pat Benetar would say, HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT! FIRE AWAY!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about some of these -
Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Hot Stuff (cause you know you are!)- Donna Summer
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
SOS - Rihanna
Give it to Me - Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Man! I Feel Like a Woman - Shania
Twain
Fooling Yourself - Styx
La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Staying Alive - Bee Gee's (how's that for the 80's??)

but Momma said...

Yeah! I downloaded Hollaback Girl because we used to listen to it on Yahoo and then when I listened to the uncut version every other word was SH*T and I had downloaded it on "John's" IPOD! :)

I love the Avril Lavigne, and YES, I Feel Like a Woman!

Love the suggestions! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, playlists!!! Mine looks like this...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme - Nerf Herder
(Because I must have this theme played as often as possible. It's also my ringtone.)
Breakdown - Breaking Benjamin
Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Gasoline -Kicking Harold
Attack - 30 Seconds to Mars
Bitch - Meredith Brooks
Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood (shut up, I can't help it)
She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd
Youth of the Nation - P.O.D.
Zombie - The Cranberries
In The End - Linkin Park

but Momma said...

Coleen,

OOOO! Lot's for me to look up!

You made me laugh with your Carrie Underwood shutup! I'm especially curious about Buffy the Vampire Slayer Theme. I never watched before, but got hooked watching Angel reruns at 5:00 a.m. in the gym. (Not so good to work out while drooling over David Boreanaz) :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOVE Bowling for Soup!

Musings of a Housewife said...

Great lists, guys. I don't have a workout list, really. I'd have to give this some thought. I am doing a meme with my iPod though. And, speaking of which, HOW DO I LINK TO THE SOUND BITES like you did, But Momma????? I wanna do that!!

but Momma said...

dcrmom,

I went to Amazon.com, looked up the album, went down to the Listen and clicked on the song, then copied the addressed and used it as the link.

I'll be looking for your list!

Anonymous said...

You can listen to the Buffy theme here:

http://www.spankyourinnermoppet.com/Images/Buffy.mp3

If you like it, you should be able to save the file to your computer. There are different ways to do it for different browsers.

See? I rule! Carrie Underwood be damned.

Ashley Lasbury said...

Don't own one but it is on my "when I win the lottery" list. Great song choices.