Thursday, January 21, 2010

He's Got a Way with the Ladies

It's always so nice when Mom comes to help me and keep me company when Charlie is out of town. I can't say it enough times. In my next life I'm gonna marry a Sagittarius. Well, as long as the rules of the Sagittarius don't apply to me. Okay, in my next life I want to be a man and, oh hell. What I'm trying to say is that it's really nice for somebody else to be in charge. I hate being in charge. I thought being a Mom was all about being patient and kind and mushy and smushy and not at all about being in charge of anything. When she's here, everybody stands up a little bit straighter and wipes their bottom a little more carefully, you know what I'm saying? So even though she's been up on a ladder as much as the guy I paid ten thousand dollars to paint my house this week, she's still down in the trenches telling the kids what to do. She says all the same things I normally say, but she says it about thirty minutes before I do and with more authority. They mind her better because nobody want to see Nana with her mad face. All except John, he makes me feel normal because he gives her the same amount of trouble as he gives me.



So last Tuesday, everybody was fed, showered, in their pajamas and we settled in to the enormous new sectional sofa to watch American Idol. I'm sitting in one corner where it reclines and Nana is sitting across the way, where the other piece reclines and she's flanked on each side with Peach and Ace curled up under each arm. We're watching the show when I look over at some commotion and Ace is giving Mom a pat down. He looks like he's searching for weapons, right around the boobage area. I started laughing so hard I almost fell off the couch, she waved him off but not before he'd gotten to second base. There's never a dull moment when she's here and there is ALWAYS Lot's of laughs.



Thanks Mom.

Thanks Ace.

No comments: