Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Channeling Eric Garcia

Day three of getting it together in the diet and exercise department. Remember when I had a trainer? I know. Those were the days. I found some old photos in the closet the other day and called John in to look, because he had some WOW pictures of what he looked like just two or three years ago. The kid's taller than his dad now, it's amazing. In one of the pictures of Melee's birthday party, right before we moved from Houston, he said "Wow Mom. Look at you!" "I know", I said, "wasn't it great?" He said, "I don't even remember you looking like that." "I know, it's sad isn't it." Sob. It makes me sad. I had it. I had it for a short moment of time. I didn't even have it long enough to enjoy the fact that I had it. And then we moved to this damned place and I've been stuffing my feelings with food ever since. I wasn't stuffing them while we were building the house. That was pure fun! I loved every minute of it, but I did take a major vacation in the intensity of my workouts. See the thing of it is, I haven't stopped exercising. I don't mind the exercise, but it's just not as fun anymore.



So I'm trying to channel my inner Eric Garcia. I've started my food journal again. And I'm gonna give myself smiley faces when I do good, and sad faces when I don't eat enough protein. And I'm working out with Bob, from The Biggest Loser, he's been fun. I like his sense of humor. I think Jillian may be week 2 and I'm kinda scared of what she's gonna say, if I were on the ranch I'm tough enough to take what she dishes out, but I don't think she'll be an effective bully on DVD. I'm gonna try to stay on the positive side, cause that's what Eric would do.

No comments: