Sunday, February 22, 2009

Post in Pictures

This is how God speaks to me at the end of every day. Most days he says. "See, you made it through another one. I bet you can do it one more time." That's because lately, everyday has been someone else getting sick. Remember a couple of weeks ago when everyone took turns with the stomach virus? This week it was the flu. Monday and Tuesday was Melee' , he went back to school on Wednesday, when I took John for his root canal and Peach who had a six year molar taken out because it had a large hole in it and another cavity that had to be filled (and one more cavity to be filled on March the fourth) because I am the worst mother on the face of the earth. Then on Thursday Peach got the flu which has kept her down until today, followed quickly by Ace who came in at 6:00 a.m. with a fever of his own.


This is Melee', whose team went undefeated and won first place in his age group. He got called out for his hair being too long last week, so I had to cut his hair in between handing out doses of Advil.

This was Peach on the one hundredth day of school. All of first grade dressed up like little old people. Benjamin Button's got nothin on us.

How much does your husband love you when he sends you flowers like this when you don't even have any co-workers to eww and ahh over them so that he gets extra-extra credit? He got extra-extra credit by bringing home Peach a peach rose of her own.



This was Ace at his "Art Show" at his Parents Day Out. Where I bought his Jackson Pollock inspired painting. Charlie and I had a really big giggle when we saw it. We're going down the line of artwork, looking at each puppy, fish, splatter art, mermaid, then glancing down to the card that names the artist. Until we come to the one that looks like a square napkin where someone harked up their spinach. After the giggle, we came to the conclusion that he got his art gene from Charlie. I look forward to posting his art for you all to enjoy!
No one has seen John since he's learned that I upgraded our phones to unlimited text.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come share that view? I know I made it throguh today, but tomorrow's questionable as both Erica and I are feeling the start of a sore throat and cold. We both just got over the flu about 10 days ago and I am just not ready for another round of illness in this house. I hope you all get well quickly. Congrats to Ace and his team! And kudos to Charlie for the beautiful roses.

but Momma said...

Yes, you can share my view! Ya'll should come out and spend a weekend and we can sit on the backporch and have a glass of ice tea. Or margaritas. :)

GAHH IF I CAN KEEP EVERYONE WELL FOR MORE THAN A WEEK!!

We NEVER get sick and this year has been nothing but one thing after another!