Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What is NORMAL, anyway?

And here you were, thinking I was on a roll... I was, until Evil Knievel showed up.

I've decided that despite the fact that my better half would like me not to recount this story (and by better, I mean he better get a grip!), it's a story that must be told. Because the half of you that are coming this week, are going to find out anyway. And if I had to tell MY mother, well I'm outing him....

Evil Knievel had a small mishap on the new, shiny, red bike on Friday before last. Turns out that when you hit a curb, the bike will stop and chances are, you will not. So after consulting the Orthopedist last Monday, we are on the way to the surgery center today so that they can install a metal plate and some screws to put back together his clavicle. Because right now, he's got one shoulder and one slump. Oh it's gotten somewhat better over the last week, but we're only forty-one and I'm really not wanting to spend the next forty with Igor. Plus, who's going to do all my overhead work, like changing out my ceiling fans and light bulbs I can't reach. I think the clavicle is something that must be repaired! Don't you? He hasn't put up much of a fight, but he's getting a little nervous this morning.

And, no Daddy, he hasn't gone down and gotten a For Sale sign for it yet. And, yes, I'll go down and get one today and make sure I put it on his bed tray after he gets home. I'll bet Evil Knievel was divorced.

Post Script...

Surgery was Tuesday. He was still a little sensitive about me posting about it, but now that he's had the surgery and all is well, I got the green light. The surgery went great, a little too great if you ask me. I wanted him to have enough pain that he had to pause before he got on that bike again, unfortunately, he's been relatively pain free. After the follow up appointment he said maybe he should be a stuntman when he grows up. We got a nice flower basket from some of the guys at corporate where he works, the card read "I told you so, you moron."

2 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

hahaha. Love the card from the co-workers!

Pollyanna said...

hahaha. I guess this proves that men are really just little boys with bigger toys, huh? I hope he is healing well, but remembers to sell that bike.