Monday, April 16, 2007

Lucky 13

Friday the 13th was my 16th Anniversary. My husband reminded me that I forgot our Anniversary last year. I'll never live that one down. Not that we didn't celebrate, but these last few years, I rarely know what day of the week it is. My brother and sister-in-law kept all four of the kids overnight, so we went out to dinner and a movie. We ate at P.F. Chang's despite my "diet" and it was delicious! I got online and looked at the menu, and I realized I won't be eating there too often. After agonizing over my choices I settled on the Ginger Chicken and steamed Broccoli and we shared an order of Crab Wontons (worth every one of the 26 grams of fat, or 13 grams since we split them), then I analyzed the drink menu and the desert menu and decided to forgo both in favor of popcorn with a little butter on it. We saw Blades of Glory, because we're romantic like that. It was actually the second time for me to see it. Two thumbs up if you like dumb movies. I'll be singing "My Humps" for weeks.



Me and Charlie, back when we both had lots of hair. I'm laughing because my brother just dumped his handful of birdseed down the cleavage of my dress. Good times. It actually was the most beautiful day for mid-April in Amarillo Texas. They had snow on Easter this year. This was one of the best pictures, we took so many posed pics, that by the end of them I look surprised in all of them because I'm holding up my eyebrows while I'm trying to smile. Paris Hilton, I'm not. It's also one of the only pictures that you can't tell that Charlie has a mullet. (Ha! Ha!!) I loved his hair like that! Wouldn't let him cut it.



I was on the computer Friday when Charlie got home from work, and this is what I hear from the living room.

Ace yells "Daddy's home! Daddy's home!"

Then "DADDY'S HOME WITH FLOWERS!"

I got flowers, M & M's, two cards and a FOR SALE SIGN for the motorcycle. We'll see.

You can't see the M & M's because I already ate them, with a little help from my friends. He got two cards and a Chuck Norris T-shirt.

We're cheap dates, but we decided it didn't matter since we both hit the jackpot when we got married. :)

5 comments:

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Congratulations on your Sweet 16!!!

So what's the punchline on your first card?

but Momma said...

Then you start snoring in that snorty way, and I think, "Well, that's annoying, but I'm still lucky."

Funny, but true.

yerdoingitwrong said...

Happy Anniversary, girl!!! AND what a freakin' cute wedding pic. Mullets were big then. I graduated HS in 1989 and my cute, but very dumb prom date sported a mullet. GOOD. DAMN. TIMES!

Pollyanna said...

Happy Anniversary indeed. What a couple of cute kids you were way back when! :) Did he really sell the motorcycle?

but Momma said...

No, we're still in negotiations. :)