Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Precious Goes to Kindergarten

The night before he was SO excited. As I was helping him into his pajamas he said, "I hope the teacher is really, really, really, really, neverlasting nice!" And I said, "You mean "everlasting" nice?" He said, "NO, NEVERlasting, like INfinity."



We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us.



How can you leave a face like that! Oh sure, it looks like a cute teddy bear coloring page, but it's a slippery slope that leads to Geometry!
He had a really, really, really neverlasting good day. The second day he said he wanted a tray for lunch and he had a horrible day because all his friends ride the bus. The third day he said he had a terrible day!

"Four bad things happened. Number four, all my friends get to ride the bus, and I don't."

"You can't ride the bus, we've already talked about that."

"Three, I spilled my water."

"Your water bottle?"

"No, one of the little ones."

"Did you have a lot of papers on your desk?"

"No."

"Well, good, you didn't make a big mess."

"No, it was a BIG mess. Three, I got a time out."

"But you said you had all your stars at the end of the day."

"It was on the playground. I picked up some rocks. I forgot the rule."

"And what was four?"

"I fell down and my knee got blood."

I cried on day four because he wanted to walk to his room by himself. I said "Okay, I'll stay here till you go down your hall." So he would go a little way, then turn around and look for me, then walk a little further and turn around and try to find me through the crowd of people, then walked down to his hall and turned around one more time before he headed down to his class.

The next day, I said, "Do you want to walk to class by yourself again?" and he said, "No, I want you to walk with me."

I still got it....

No comments: