Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009

Because of conflict of schedules, I was unable to be at our family event, where we had a live draft for the 2009 Fantasy Football season. I let Charlie pick my team because he normally helps me with my picks anyway. So he texted me to let me know they were getting started with the draft. Where was I? In the movie theater watching Harry Potter. So he asked me if I wanted Tony Romo if he was available when my pick came up and I said yes. So he texts me later to say sorry, but my brother in law took Tony before my pick. Easy come, easy go I suppose. So when he gets home from Amarillo, he hands me my sheet of players and his sheet of players and says casually, "If you don't like my picks for you, I'll trade you anybody off my team." I look down at his sheet and I have only two words to say...

TOM BRADY? PEYTON MANNING? (Tom Brady, Peyton Manning...whateves)

TOM BRADY?! PEYTON MANNING?!

REALLY?

HE PICKS CLINTON PORTIS AS MY FIRST PICK (I ALWAYS PICK MY QUARTERBACK FIRST) AND THEN HE TAKES TOM BRADY! I GET HOSED ON THE TONY ROMO PICK AND END UP WITH MATT RYAN. TO WHICH I HAD TO SAY, "WHO THE HELL IS MATT RYAN?" I HAVEN'T EVEN LOOKED AT THE REST OF MY TEAM. I THINK I HEARD HIM SAY HE DID ME A BIG FAVOR BY PICKING THE RAVENS FOR MY DEFENSE. I DON'T THINK THERE IS ONE PLAYER ON MY ENTIRE TEAM THAT I HAVE ANY INTEREST IN WATCHING.

But I'm not bitter.

No comments: