Thursday, March 08, 2007

Shopping for DUMMIES

Reason 582 Not To Take Toddlers Shopping In Stores That Don't Have Baskets

When you go in to the Lane Bryant in search of a Sports Bra, that is exactly like the one you already have but in a different color, they will hide in the middle of every rack you pass. Then they will take the arms of the mannequins and try to dance with them, and when you chase them away from the headless girls, the toddler boy will circle back around and start patting her on the butt. And when you see what he's doing you think to yourself "Please Lord, let that be a mannequin and not the saleslady!" Then you will drag them back to the lingerie department and when you momentarily let go of their hands, they will go over to the big circular table that has a thousand pair of perfectly fanned out panties spiraled around it and the girl toddler will say in her best outside voice "EEWWW are those UNDERWEAR!?" and you'll whisper "Yes, there nice new, clean underwear." Whereupon she will lean over the table grab a handful and start sniffing them.

5 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Ahhh... Motherhood. Ain't it grand? ;-)

Pollyanna said...

Oh my Gawd, that is HILARIOUS. That sounds so much like a kid thing to do, I can totally see my boys doing that. That's why I NEVER take them shopping with me. :)What a brave mama you are.

yerdoingitwrong said...

OH I so needed this laugh today. Thanks, girl!!!!

Ashley Lasbury said...

Oh Yes! Been there, lived that too, too many times. And don't you just love Lane Bryant. Not only are all the salesgirls (saleswoman?) friendly and helpful but they are all bigger then I am which makes me feel downright skinny. Is that wrong? Don't care.

I've missed you. Hope you and the family are happy and healthy.

Bonnie B said...

Bravo! That is hysterical!
My little ones like to hide inside the rack and jump out at people