Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Goes to College


Technically, Baby is the name of the car.  But it serves a dual purpose.  Yes the child I have worried the most about over the last 18+ years is gone to college.  A University even!    And for the cherry on top...he auditioned for and earned  1 and 1/2 square feet of turf in the AT&T Jones Stadium in the Goin Band from Raiderland!  Bittersweet my friends.  Heavy on the sweet this week.  We are so proud, we can hardly contain ourselves.  I've had joy squirting out of my tear ducts for 4 days.  Driving out of Lubbock was the hardest part. 

I had lots of funny pictures I wanted to take.  But he was a nervous wreck before auditions and I was afraid to push my luck.  I cried over my Taco Villa burrito, then went back for the last round of hugs before he went over for his marching audition.  Nana is taking it especially hard, but she doesn't have the luxury of texting like I do.  I'm trying very hard not to harass him.  It's not easy.  He would probably say I'm not trying hard enough.  I haven't texted one time today.  And it's already 2:25, and according to his band camp schedule which I printed out, he's on his lunch break.  A perfect opportunity to text and yet here I am refraining.  Also, I did not text one time on Tuesday.  Went a whole day with no communication.  I checked his Facebook page all day, but I had no communication.  He added a Friend on Tuesday. 

John, if you're reading this, we are loving you from afar.  And sitting on our hands, so as not to text or phone.  Please don't unfriend me on Facebook.  I'm hanging by a thread. 

No comments: