Tuesday, September 01, 2009

One of the 500 7th Grade Wide Receivers

This is the busiest boy I know! He's happy to be back in school, at least so far...

He has to be at Football Practice at 7:15 in the morning, athletics is first period, he has a day full of Pre-AP classes, then he follows it up with Football Practice after school till 5:00. He's got the strength and size for the offensive line, but does he have the stamina...that's the question!

The first week of school we have SO many papers that I have to sign, enrollment, health, bus riders, on and on. When we got to the Athletics paperwork and they said "Athletics is a Dangerous Activity which could result in concussions, broken bones, pulled muscles (blah, blah blah) up to and including death..." I passed the papers to Charlie and said "I can't do it." So Tuesday Melee' unloads papers for me to sign, one set from each of his teachers. Each one outlining the teachers expectations, grading policies, etc. and by the time I got done reading them I had a stomach ache! Then he tells me that the coaches have told them they HAVE to take a shower after athletics. I know he was nervous, but I was equally nervous. There is a down side to being able to put yourself in somebody else's shoes.

No comments: