Monday, July 27, 2009

Why I Hate School # 52

Band Camp starts in 8 days and 11 hours and I have just had to put my foot down. (With the help of Charlie holding said foot to the floor.) John is now squeeing away on his clarinet in a loud Squidwardesque fashion and Charlie and I are in the living room giggling. He's sure showing us. He's teaching us a lesson alright. He can be totally loud and obnoxious and can wake up the Littles if we're going to force him to practice. E gad, we've got a lot of nerve!


The shame of it is he's been on his best behavior lately. Heck, he's been displaying behavior that is normally reserved for his grandmother. I keep wondering what he's fixing to ask me for. That's awful of me, I know. But in the last twenty four hours he's washed my car, cleaned the inside, vacuumed it, and spot cleaned the carpets. This morning he got up at 7:30 in the A.M. to start getting himself ready to get up for Band Camp. (He usually doesn't make his morning appearance until noon.) Then this afternoon, he vacuumed the living room, Ace's room, his room, Melee's room and Peaches room. Nobody asked.

Then I had to go and ruin it by demanding he practice his clarinet.

School is a few short weeks away and the illusion of a carefree summer is quickly melting away.

No comments: